[Insight-users] surface textures?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:05:48 -0500

Hi Markus,

You could do the equivalent of a 2D to 3D parameterization
by using the ThinPlate splines. Just place the set of input
landmarks in a 3D plane.

You could also use VolumeSplines and ElasticBodySplines
for the same purpose.

Please take a look at the following class:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1KernelTransform.html

This is the base class of the Kernel transform.
Any one of its five derived classes could be a possible
implementation of the 2D to 3D parameterization.

----