[Insight-users] MI Registration example translation parameters

Lydia Ng lng@insightful.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:48:47 -0800

> An easy and quick test is to tweak the origin
> values of your images and verify that the
> changes are reflected in the final registration.
> For example, if you add (13,17,19) to x,y,z of one
> of the images origin, the registration should
> report a variation of (13,17,19) in the translation
> offset.

Actually, the MultiResMIRegistration application actually doesn't use
image origin information. The first preprocessing step it does is to
artificially place the origin in the center of each of the images. This
is equivalent to align the images at their center. Additionally any
rotation is with respect to the center of the image.

You should also note that the "final quaternion parameters" are respect
to the origin at the image center - but the display of the overall
matrix and translation is reposition so that the image origin for both
images is at the [0,0,0] pixel.

Since the output matrix has some rotation in it - the position of the
center of rotation comes into play and hence the output translation is a
mixture of your introduced translation and the center of rotation.

- Lydia

(PET_volume_Zcenter(physical)-MR_volume_Zcenter(physical))
/2