[Insight-users] Heap problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:59:34 -0500

Hi Waltraud,

This tends to happen in Windows when you mix compilation
modes. It is not a problem related with ITK itself.

It looks like you are compiling some of your libraries
and/or application for Debug and others for Release.

The final executable ends up having a mix of the
system functions for both versions.

Please make sure that you compile *ALL* your code
with the same options. Everything for Debug or
everything for Release.  Double check that Qt, VTK
and ITK are build with the same options.

BTW: Right now you should be getting a lot of warning
messages from the linker, telling you that you have
redefined symbols among the windows system libraries.
You probably set to ignore many of those libraries
in order to force the system to link.

Using a static build and configuring your project
with CMake could help you to avoid such problems.

--

Please let us know if you have further questions.