[Insight-users] MetaIO - problems reading a stack of PNG imag es

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:56:11 -0500

FYI, I modified the PNG reader/writer a couple of weeks ago so that it can
support "pixel size".  PNG has fields in the header to specify the size of a
pixel in
meters (or the size of a pixel with unknown units). So I have the PNG reader
configured
so that it reads and writes the spacing information in these fields.  Since
we do not keep track of units in ITK, I set the PNG reader/writer to read
and write the units as unknown (as opposed to meters).

'Course, these does help with the stack of PNG problem because there is not
a place in the PNG format for specifying the spacing BETWEEN slices.