[Insight-users] ITK and KDevelop?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:21:59 -0500

Hi Raghavendra

CMake does not support KDevelop at this point.

However there is no fundamental reason for not
doing so in the future.

It will be a matter of reaching a critical
mass of KDevelop users lobbying for it in
the CMake users-list   :-)

Note that MAC users succeed in a similar
enterprise...

--

Note also that CMake is an Open Source project !

The way CMake extends to new development environments
is by writing "Generators". You will find all CMake
generators in the directory:

      CMake/Source

For example:

      cmLocalUnixMakefileGenerator
      cmLocalVisualStudio6Generator
      cmLocalVisualStudio7Generator
      cmLocalCodeWarriorGenerator

So, if some brave KDevelop user want to take
a stab to map KDevelop project file format
into a generator,...

Well, that will make the lobbying much easier,

    Luis