[Insight-users] Courseware FLTK example question...

Bill Oliver billo@Radix.Net
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:04:36 -0500 (EST)

I have been going through the courseware.  I have been able to compiles
and run the VTK and FLTK examples, but have a question about the FLTK
example in slide 9 of Getting Started IV.  While the VTK example given
in the courseware correctly generates and displays an image, I only
get a blank window with the FLTK version.  In looking at the example, I
don't see an equivalent of VTKs viewer->SetInput(reader GetOutput).

The problem is not with the algorithm, since everything works
with the VTK examples.

The problem is probably not with my FLTK installation, because
the Insight Apps all seem to work (in particular
RawImageReaderViewer).

So, where do I hook the image to the window?

Is this implied and not necessary for FLTK?
   If so, what is missing to get the window to display the
   image?

Is the equivalent line to viewer->SetInput() missing from the tutorial?
   If so, what is it and where do I find out about it?
   If it's in the tutorial and I've made a silly mistake,
    where is it?

Is there a simpler FLTK example that doesn't use the
Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer?  FltkImageViewer, while
very nice, is a little complex for self-teaching
FLTK.

Thanks!

billo