AW: [Insight-users] Question about Conntected Regions

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:29:55 -0500

Hi Zein,

I agree with you in that 30 to 40 pixels is too
wide to apply matematical morphology for elimina-
ting the connecting region.

This situation lead to think that you may want
to solve better your segmenation stage. Instead
of trying to fix the resulting binary image.

Look for any differences in the pre-segmented
image between the region you want to conserve
and the region you want to eliminate. It looks
like an additional segmentation criterion will
help you to arrive to a binary image holding
only the region you consider interesting.