[Insight-users] image formats supported by ImageReadWrite.exe

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:41:35 -0500

Hi Ouyang,

The fileformats supported in ITK depend on the
ImageIO objects available in Insight/Code/IO.
At this point, they are:

itkAnalyzeImageIO.h
itkDicomImageIO.h
itkGE4ImageIO.h
itkGE5ImageIO.h
itkGEAdwImageIO.h
itkGiplImageIO.h
itkIPLCommonImageIO.h
itkMetaImageIO.h
itkPNGImageIO.h
itkRawImageIO.h
itkSiemensVisionImageIO.h
itkStimulateImageIO.h
itkVOLImageIO.h
itkVTKImageIO.h

The most commonly used are:

PNG, MetaImage, VTK and DICOM.

The most versatil is probably MetaImage.
You can use this file format by providing
the extension .mhd.

PNG is not a very good format. At this
point it only supports 2D images and
only pixel types unsigned char, and