[Insight-users] Conntecting path between two voxels?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:37:55 -0500

Hi Zein,

If you dont have to do this operation thousands
of times, a good option could be

1) run the itkConnectedThreshold using one of the seeds,
    and setting the thresholds in such a way that the
    intensity level of your binary image is accepted.

2) Then check if in the output image connected threshold filter,
    the position of the other seed was covered by the
    connected segmentation.

So, this will not be very fast,
but it will be very effective.

Now, shortest path finding is another business,...
this is a variational problem.

One thing you may want to look at is the FuzzyConnectedness
filter. It computes paths between a seed and all the pixels
in the image. The quality of the path is measured on various
criteria, one of them use the inntensity similarity among
the pixels belonging to a path.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SimpleFuzzyConnectednessScalarImageFilter.html

Hope that helps,