[Insight-users] Possible bug in itkAnalyzeImageIO? : Gipl not being found

Raghavendra Chandrashekara rc3@doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:43:28 -0000

Hi Luis,

There is a line registering the GiplImageIOFactory but it is on line 98,
this is the code:

void
ImageIOFactory::RegisterBuiltInFactories()
{
  static bool firstTime = true;

  static SimpleMutexLock mutex;
  {
    // This helper class makes sure the Mutex is unlocked
    // in the event an exception is thrown.
    MutexLockHolder<SimpleMutexLock> mutexHolder( mutex );
    if( firstTime )
      {
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( DicomImageIOFactory::New() );
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( MetaImageIOFactory::New() );
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( PNGImageIOFactory::New() );
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( VTKImageIOFactory::New() );
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( GiplImageIOFactory::New() );
      ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( AnalyzeImageIOFactory::New());
      firstTime = false;
      }
  }

}

Does it look correct to you? I'm using Release-1-2-0 also.

Thanks,

Raghavendra.

>   ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( GiplImageIOFactory::New() );
>

> This lines registers the Gipl reader/writer
> in the factory mechanism.
>
> (I'm assuming you are using ITK version 1.2)
>

> Regards,
>

> Luis

> Raghavendra Chandrashekara wrote:
> > Hi Kent,
> >
> > Okay I tried the patch that you sent. Now another exception is thrown,
this
> > time by the itkImageFileReader class:
> >
> > Exception object caught!
> >
> > itk::ImageFileReaderException (0x815ace8)
> > Location: "Unknown"
> > File: /vol/vipdata/packages/InsightCVS/Code/IO/itkImageFileReader.txx
> > Line: 94
> > ../../Data/Synthetic/cube.gipl
> >
> > Does this mean that the gipl image is not being recognised by any of the
IO