[Insight-users] Re: Reg Registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 11:06:28 -0400

Hi Prasad,

When you use MeanSquares as image metric, the
optimizer must be set to MaximizeOff() [ not
to MaximizeOn() ], please look closely at the
ImageRegistration3.cxx example in line 381.

The MeanSquare metric is optimal when its
value reaches zero.  This is described in the
SoftwareGuide

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

section 7.9.1 pdf-page 224.