[Insight-users] using DICOM image orientation information

karmonik karmonik at bcm . tmc . edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:41:08 -0500

Hi,

as far as I understand, the DICOM image format provides information regarding
image orientation (axial, sagittal, coronal, oblique, image coordinates, image
angle, ...).

Quite frequently we acquire MR DICOM image sets (i.e. volumes) in one session
that each have different orientations.

Is there a way using ITK, VTK, ... (?) to display these volumes on top of each
other correctly using the DICOM information regarding image orientation?
If not, wouldn't it be a good feature to have?

Thanks !

Christof

Christof Karmonik, PhD
Baylor College of Medicine/The Methodist Hospital
Mailstation M214
6565 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030
Pager: (713) 708-2232