[Insight-users] vtk to itk to vtk

Mon, 12 May 2003 10:57:07 -0400

Hi Christophe,

The Update() call in the ITK pipeline assumes
that the image dimensions have not changed.

If, after running the pipeline once with an image, you
want to provide as input an image with a different size,
you will have to call

      UpdateLargestPossibleRegion()

instead of the simple

      Update()

Since by default in the ITK + VTK connections, the method
called is "Update()", this means that before updating the
VTK end of the pipeline, you must explicitly call
"UpdateLargestPossibleRegion()" on the ITK filter.
Probably the easy way to do so is as soon as you load
your new image.

The ITK pipeline is built under the assumption that
you may want to execute the pipeline many times with
different parameters in the filters, but with the same
input images.