[Insight-users] Pipeline question

Paul Yushkevich pauly at cognitica . com
Wed, 14 May 2003 17:02:15 -0400

Hi,

I have a small question about the pipeline.

I have a large image that is the input to three slice extraction filters
that operate on different regions of the image.  Now, every time I call
Update() on the outputs of these filters, the entire pipeline gets
rerun, even though neither the input image nor the parameters of the
filters had changed.

I traced this down to the fact that the input image is Modified() every
time its requested region  changes.  As different RequestedRegions are
propagated from the three different filters, the input image's MTime
gets incremented, and the image appears as if it has changed, even
though it really hadn't.

Is there any way around this issue?  I want to be able to call Update()
frequently on the outputs of the three slice filters, but only have the
filters run if the image or the filter parameters have changed.

Paul

--
Paul A. Yushkevich, Ph.D.

17 Flemington Rd