[Insight-users] How to read a stack of DICOM images?

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc . edu
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:21:13 -0400

One nice option is
MRIConvert
It is a tool developed at the Lewis Center for Neuroimaging at the
University of Oregon. It reads DICOM series and convert them to other
image file formats. It supports MetaImage on writing. Binaries are
available at
http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert.

Sven Prevrhal wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am getting lost with the itk::ImageFileReader->SetFilePrefix() and SetDimensions() methods! Does that work with
> DICOMImageIOx classes? I guess the x-y dimensions should be taken from
> the DICOM header, and the number of images should be somehow specified.
>

> Or do I have to read every slice separately and then merge them into a
> 3D object? How would I do that?
>

> Help mucho appreciated!
>

> sven
>

> email: sven.prevrhal@oarg.ucsf.edu
>
> http://www.oarg.ucsf.edu/~sprevrha

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Associate Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Associate Professor of Computer Science and Surgery
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695