[Insight-users] itk compilation with msvc 6

Tim Rudge tjr34 at cam . ac . uk
Thu, 15 May 2003 18:36:45 +0100

Hello,

I have followed the instructions to build itk using cmake and msvc. This
seemed to work ok. I then tried to build the "helloworld" example (the one
that just instantiates an Image object) from the software guide. I made
sure that the project was setup to find and link to the ITKCommon.lib file,
however I get unresolved references:

helloworld.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
vnl_error_vector_dimension(char const *,int,int)"
(?vnl_error_vector_dimension@@YAXPBDHH@Z)
helloworld.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
vnl_error_matrix_nonsquare(char const *)"
(?vnl_error_matrix_nonsquare@@YAXPBD@Z)
helloworld.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
&,double)" (??0?$vnl_svd@N@@QAE@ABV?$vnl_matrix@N@@N@Z)
helloworld.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
vnl_matrix<double> __thiscall vnl_svd<double>::inverse(void)const "
(?inverse@?$vnl_svd@N@@QBE?AV?$vnl_matrix@N@@XZ)
Debug/helloworld.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals

I am new to using such large software systems, so apologies if this is a
silly post. I cannot find any further information on building and setting
up itk that might resolve these errors. Everything was done in debug
configuration, which produced ITKCommon.lib in a directory
<insight>/bin/debug/, which I set the helloworld project to look for libs
in.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Rudge
---------