[Insight-users] Re: UpDate All!

Wed, 21 May 2003 10:17:38 -0400

Hi Yasser,

The VTK 4.2 binaries that you download from Kitware cannot
be used directly with ITK. The reason is that they have not
been built with the ANSI_STDLIB option ON.

There is a performance issue there that makes this option
undesirable as the default.  However, for building with
ITK-Applications you absolutely need this option ON.

So, please
download the sources of VTK 4.2 and build it in your system
with the same compiler you plan to use for building ITK apps.

Once VTK is built, you can go and configure ITK-applications
by just indicating to VTK_DIR the binary directory where you
built VTK.