[Insight-users] Problems related to registration

CSPL affable at hd2 . dot . net . in
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:33:17 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C3A2CF.D2C56E30

Dear Mr.Luis,

 I am working on medical image registration. I could get the single =
modality image registration well.=20
But,Facing problems in MultiModalityRegistration.
In my application I have to register MR and SPECT volumes, MR as FIXED =
and SPECT as MOVING.
Both MR and SPECT are PreProcessed.=20
MR is of size 256X256X120.
Brain is extracted from skull in MR volume and the extracted brain is =
used as FIXED.
ITK Neighbourhoodconnected filter is used to extract object based on the =
given seed point and threshold range.=20

SPECT is processed to make cubic voxels.
Procesed to find the minimum dimension of SPECT  and creates a new =
volume with all  dimensions equal to minimum dimension.
 Inititally SPECT is of size 128X128X49.After processing it will become =
128X128X96.Voxel Width, Voxel Height and Voxel Depth will be same.

After preprocessing extracted brain and spect will be given as inputs =
for registration.

To view the output of registration, I am merging SPECT with original MR =
volume(includes both brain and skull) so that spect exactly fits in the =
brain part.
But, when I see the output spect is not positioning correctly.
Sometimes I see that  middle slices are ok but,failing at last slices.
I tried in many ways by chaning the parameters.=20
I feel that registration depends on fixed and moving images. Parameter =
tuning can be succes only if input images are correct.
Can you please tell us what could be the reason to fail?
I am doubt whether I am  wrong in giving input images or in tuning =
parameters.

Regards,
Srivalli

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C3A2CF.D2C56E30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Mr.Luis,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I am working on medical image =
registration. I=20
could get the single modality image registration well. <BR>But,Facing =
problems=20
in MultiModalityRegistration.<BR>In my application I have to register MR =
and=20
SPECT volumes, MR as FIXED and SPECT as MOVING.<BR>Both MR and SPECT are =

PreProcessed. <BR>MR is of size 256X256X120.<BR>Brain is extracted from =
skull in=20
MR volume and the extracted brain is used as FIXED.<BR>ITK=20
Neighbourhoodconnected filter is used to extract object based on the =
given seed=20
point and threshold range. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>SPECT is processed to make cubic=20
voxels.<BR>Procesed to find the minimum dimension of SPECT&nbsp; and =
creates a=20
new volume with all&nbsp; dimensions equal to minimum=20
dimension.<BR>&nbsp;Inititally SPECT is of size 128X128X49.After =
processing it=20
will become 128X128X96.Voxel Width, Voxel Height and Voxel Depth will be =

same.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After preprocessing extracted brain and =
spect will=20
be given as inputs for registration.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>To view the output of registration, I =
am merging=20
SPECT with original MR volume(includes both brain and skull) so that =
spect=20
exactly fits in the brain part.<BR>But, when I see the output spect is =
not=20
positioning correctly.<BR>Sometimes I see that&nbsp; middle slices are =
ok=20
but,failing at last slices.<BR>I tried in many ways by chaning the =
parameters.=20
<BR>I feel that registration depends on fixed and moving images. =
Parameter=20
tuning can be succes only if input images are correct.<BR>Can you please =
tell us=20
what could be the reason to fail?<BR>I am doubt whether I am&nbsp; wrong =
in=20
giving input images or in tuning parameters.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Srivalli</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C3A2CF.D2C56E30--