[Insight-users] Re: active contour : Active Shape Models

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:07:13 -0500

Hi Gopal,

Active Shape models can be implemented in different ways.

You will find a LevelSet based implementation of ASM in ITK.

These classes were implemented by Lydia Ng and Sayan Spathak
at Insightful, based on the paper:

  Leventon, M.E. et al,
  "Statistical Shape Influence in Geodesic Active Contours"
  CVPR 2000

The classes that you may want to look at are:

http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator . html
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1PCAShapeSignedDistanceFunction . html
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShapePriorMAPCostFunction . html
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShapePriorSegmentationLevelSetFunction . html
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ShapePriorSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter . html
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter . html

you will find a report on this classes in the InsightDocuments checkout

   InsightDocuments/Developer/Administrative/
                                Meetings/BethesdaSeptember2003

in the file

    Active Shape Models_itk.ppt

---

Please let us know if you have further questions.