[Insight-users] Re: MetaIHeader file output instead of pgms: MultiResMIRegistration

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:34:15 -0500

Nasser, Jeese,

The modificatons to the MultiResMIRegistration
application have been commited. The two main
changes are:

1) The input files do not have to be RAW
    with float pixel type anymore. They can
    now be any image type and any of the
    default image types read by ITK IO objects.
    The ImageFileReader will take care of
    converting the pixel type to float at
    reading time.

2) The output images are no longer saved
    as series of PGM files. Now they are saved
    in MetaImage format using a header .mhd
    file and a binary .raw file.  The output
    filenames are

     FixedImage.mhd
     MovingImgae.mhd
     ResampledImage.mhd

In order to facilitate testing, two sample
input files were added in the SampleInputs
directory. These two neew files set the
parameters for registering the BrainWeb
images available at

    http://www . itk . org/HTML/Data . htm
    ftp://public . kitware . com/pub/itk/Data/

Note that now the lines of the input file corresponding
to image size and pixel spacing are not used internally
but they are still expected to be there for the parser
of the input file.

You will have to update your CVS checkout in order
to obtain this changes.

Please let us know if you find any problems,