[Insight-users] Finding (and labelling) the regions in smoothed image

Mon, 10 Nov 2003 22:15:21 -0500

Hi Rahul,

Your task is a bit ambiguous.

If your image completely partitioned into regions ?

If so, then do you want the boundaries to be extracted
as many independen pieces (e.g. the boundary between
region 57 and region 145 ) ?
or do  you expect only the an unified list of boundaries ?

Do you consider the boundaries to be the faces inbetween
pixels ? or do you consider the boundaries to be the pixels
in region A which are in contact with pixels in region B ?

If so, will the pixels in region B being in contact with
region A, also be considered boundary  ?

The appropriate representation of the boundaries depends
on what you want to do with them. For example, if your
goal is visualization, you could simply go for a process
like contouring by converting your image to a VTK image
and using the vtkContourFilter.

---

About the assignment of membership values to each pixel,..
this is a bit confusing,... if you already have the image
segmented... don't you already have assigned labels to
each region ?

Please let us know more details about what you are doing,