[Insight-users] 3D Segmentation

Benjamin King king . benjamin at mh-hannover . de
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:59:26 +0100

Hi Mohammed,

for general introduction to ITK, you might want to refer to the software
guide (http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf). It provides an excellent
overview of the whole system.

Another rich source for information is the documentation web page of the
project (http://www . itk . org/HTML/Documentation . htm).

Now for your questions:
You'll find the classes closely related to segmentation if you start at the
documentation page, click on 'manual pages', then 'Groups' and then 'Image
Segmentation Filters'. (direct link:
http://www . itk . org/Doxygen/html/group__ImageSegmentation . html)

Input/Output is implemented by classes derived from itk::ImageIOBase and
you can refer to the documentation for this class to get an overview of
what's supported
(http://www . itk . org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageIOBase . html). Chapter 7
of the software guide will provide an accessible introduction into the
general implementation of IO in ITK.
It is also possible to read images with VTK and then connect the VTK
pipeline to ITK.

cheers,
  Benjamin

--