[Insight-users] Second derivative based image segmentation

Joshua Cates cates at sci . utah . edu
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:36:03 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

There are several second-derivative based segmentation algorithms. For
example several of the level-set segmentation filters use second
derivative calculations.  Deformable models can also be used with a second
derivative based force term (see the ITK Software Guide).  Also, there are
several basic image processing filters that will allow you to take
derivatives of images.  See the documentation for the various image
gradient filters (also Laplacian, Sobel). Is there an algorithm you are
looking for in particular?

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
 University of Utah
 Email: cates at sci . utah . edu
 Phone: (801) 587-7697