[Insight-users] Java or C with ITK

Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:47:33 -0500

Hi Radhika,

ITK is writen in C++, and it is currently
being wrapped for Tcl and Python. By the
end of this (fiscal) year it will be wrapped
for Java.

You can use ITK from a C program by encapsulating
ITK filters into functions.

You can look at the VolView Plugins for examples
on how to do this.  You will have to write some
C++ code anyways while you create the ITK modules.

You will find interesting to look at the tutorials
available at

    http://www . itk . org/HTML/Tutorials . htm

in particular to

http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V . pdf

that describes how to integrate ITK modules into
applications that resist assimilation and avoid to
be fully ITK-ified.

Once you encapsulate your ITK pipeline into a C function,
you can easily use it from C or from Java.