[Insight-users] Multi-resolution deformable registration

Corinne Mattmann mattmaco at ee . ethz . ch
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:26:57 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to deformably register two 3D images: I began with the
example "DeformableRegistration1.cxx" (femregistrationfilter) and the
config-file "FiniteElementRegistrationParameters1.txt" and changed it
successfully to 3D. At the moment I'm adapting the parameters and trying
to use the multi-resolution option and there were two questions arising
to which I can't find an answer:
- I would like to play with the shrink factors between the different
resolution-levels. Where can I set these values?
- Why does the following line in the config-file have two parameters and
what do they stand for?
	"0 0.99  % Similarity metric (0=mean sq, 1 = ncc, 2=pattern int,
3=MI, 5=demons)"

Thanks for your answers,
Corinne

Another thing: The deformation field I get out of the filter has a
spacing of 1 in all three directions and origin 0, although my original
image had other values. Is there a reason to output the deformation
field like this?