[Insight-users] Create 3D image data by a series of 2D dicom files

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:52:27 -0400

Hi Thimmaiah,

Please do the following:

1) Make sure that you don't have in this directory
    any files that are *not* DICOM slices. (e.g.
    a REAME file, or a zip file...)

2) Load single DICOM slices in the ImageViewer application,
    check that no error messages are produced, and check if
    the images look ok in the viewer.

3) Use MRIConvert or VolView and load the set of files existing
    in the directory. In this case, check again that you can view
    all the slices and check if the appear normal.

I didn't have any problem reading the DICOM slice that
you sent. If this same slice is producing error messages
when you try to read it with the ITK DICOM reader, there
should be something wrong with your installation.

Please try reading individual slices with the application
ImageViewer, and let us know what you find.

Thanks,

   Luis