[Insight-users] Re: Gradient of Vector Image

Bing Jian bjian at cise . ufl . edu
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:32:10 -0400 (EDT)

Below is the orginal definition of GradientImageFilter from
\BasicFilters\itkGradientImageFilter.h

template <class TInputImage, class TOperatorValueType=float, class
TOutputValueType=float>
class ITK_EXPORT GradientImageFilter :
    public ImageToImageFilter< TInputImage,
                               Image<CovariantVector<TOutputValueType,
::itk::GetImageDimension<TInputImage>::ImageDimension>,
::itk::GetImageDimension<TInputImage>::ImageDimension> >

Assume in 3d case, we can see the default pixel type of outputimage of
gradientfilter is CovariantVector<float, 3>. If we take gradient again
on this output gradient, what kind of pixel type should we expect?
CovariantVector<float,9> or
<CovariantVector<CovariantVector<float,3>>,3>?

Thanks!

--
Best wishes,
Bing Jian