[Insight-users] gaussian weighting in MultiResMIreg.

Nasser Kashou kashoun at ee . eng . ohio-state . edu
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:59:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
Have a question about any preprocessing that's done on the images in the multiresmiregistration example.   Currently, I'm applying a spherical gaussian(std=5,u=0, samples=30, where it is 1 at infinity rather than 0) to a specific ROI in one of my datasets, before running it on the ITK code.  My question is how would the default gaussian weighting to estimate the entropies affect the preprocessing step that I made?  My purpose is to stress/weight the ROI that I chose when running MI.  Do I have the right approach or concept? Or does running the parzen window estimates nullify the weighting that I did outside of ITK?

Thank You