[Insight-users] Warning message by using ApplicationModel, cont'

jiang jiang at TI . Uni-Trier . DE
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:08:31 +0200

Hi Luis,
I try to use VolView to load the same test images as I used in
ApplicationModel. I got the same result as ApplicationModel with
itk::DICOMImageIO2. VolView gives a message that the distance between two
images is 6.5. It is why the 3d object looks so "fat". But VolView has no
warning message "No DICOM magic number found, but file appears to be DICOM.
Proceeding without caution."

Best regards,

Chunyan Jiang

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: jiang [mailto:jiang at ti . uni-trier . de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2003 14:01
An: Luis Ibanez
Cc: ITK
Betreff: Warning message by using ApplicationModel

Hi Luis,
I tried both itk::DICOMImageIO2 and itk::DicomImageIO. I got different
result.
1. Both of them have waring message "No DICOM magic number found, but file
appears to be DICOM. Proceeding without caution." Application with
itk::DicomImageIO has 9 warning messages. While application with
itk::DICOMImageIO2 has more than 30 warning messages. There are 9 images in
the test folder.
2. I use both versions read same series of DICOM images. But the results are
not same in coronalView and saggitalView. When the application with
itk::DICOMImageIO2 runs, in the coronalView and saggitalView, the image is
very "thin". Since there are 9 images in the folder, in the coronalView and
saggitalView, the thickness of image is almost same as 9*unit. It appears
that the object is compressed. When the application with itk::DicomImageIO
runs, in the coronalView and saggitalView, the image is very "fat". It seems
that the object is enlarged.
I don't know how ApplicationModel handles the thickness of the image and the
distance between two images to build 3D image. It seems that results of the
two versions both are incorrect.

Best regards,
Chunyan