[Insight-users] mi registration problem

Dill, John john-dill at uiowa . edu
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:37:37 -0500

I have been having a problem with registering portfilm and drr images.  In
my case, the algorithm registers the lateral projections just fine, but in
ap cases, I get mis-registrations.  The problem seems to be from the fact
that when the patient is on the treatment table, there is a metal bar
attached to the table which is present in the portfilm, but not in the CT,
so the DRR doesn't have the corresponding bar in its projection.  The bar
shows up as roughly 10-15 pixels wide, and as tall as the image.  I have
tried some different filtering ideas, but can not come up with a good
registration.  Does anyone have ideas on how to reduce this bar's effects
(automatically if possible)?

Thanks,
John