[Insight-users] connect ImageAdaptor with LaplacianFilter

Bing Jian bjian at cise . ufl . edu
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:56:29 -0400 (EDT)

 I'm trying to perform laplacian on vector image.
So I need to first extract components by adaptor,
then laplace, then combine them together via iterator.
Below is my pipeline.

              adaptor       laplacian         iterator

              / --  scalar  ---------- scalar  -- \
 vectorimage  ----  scalar  ---------- scalar  ----  vectorimage
              \ --  scalar  ---------- scalar  -- /

   Since laplacian filter will accept adaptor as input,
I define laplacianfilter as

  	typedef itk::LaplacianImageFilter<
		ImageAdaptorType,
		ScalarImageType >    LaplacianFilter;

  But it is giving me errors like:

Do the TInputImage and TOutputImage
class in LaplacianImageFilter have to be same type?

00051 template <class TInputImage, class TOutputImage>
00052 class ITK_EXPORT LaplacianImageFilter :

  Because if I let both of them be ImageAdaptor, then it's fine.

  And can we use pointer to adaptor instead of pointer to
image in calling Iterator's constuctor?

--
Best wishes,
Bing Jian