[Insight-users] Centered Transform

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:15:39 -0400

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "measure the rotation"
and "measure the translation".

Do you mean to solve the rotational (translational) component
of the registration ?

Solving the registration by intermediate steps is always
convenient, in particular is there are any hints that help
to reduce the degrees of freedom of the transforms involved.

The loop that you mention is what the RegistrationMethod
does implicitly in the optimizer iterative loop. At each iteration
the parameters of the transform are updated and the metric
use the transform in order to sample the values of the moving
image. This is equivalent to resample the moving image with
the current transform and the evaluate the image-metric between
the fixed image and the resampled moving image.

Please expand a bit the context of your question (an example
will be of great help).

Thanks,

   Luis