[Insight-users] Re: itk file load error

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:32:08 -0400

Hi Erik,

The VTK reader available in ITK only support the
".vtk" file format. The more recent ".vti" format
is not supported yet.

It is a good item to add in the list of things to
do in the near future.

Please use the ".vtk" file format, or the "Analyze"
file format. Note that ITK checks the extension of
the filename to be loaded and rejects non-standard
extensions. This features has been questioned and
it will probably be removed in the future.... in the
meantime, please make sure that your VTK images have
extension ".vtk" and the Analyze images have extension
".hdr".

The IO architecture in ITK is designed to make
it easy to load files. There is simply a limitation
to the number of file formats supported. The good
news is that the IO structure makes it very easy to
add new file formats.

If by any chance you are already combining ITK and
VTK in your application, it will be pretty easy to
read the data with a VTK reader and convert it to
an ITK image using the filter adaptors available in
"InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk".

Please let us know if you encounter further problems,

Thanks,

    Luis