[Insight-users] LaplacianImageFiler

Bing Jian bjian at cise . ufl . edu
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:01:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Everyone,

   Does anybody attemp to let LaplacianFilter accept an adaptor which
extracts one component from vector image as input and produce scalar
image as output? I have following code to do such thing, but got
errors.

   typedef itk::ImageAdaptor <VectorImageType,
		VectorPixelAccessor > ImageAdaptorType;
   ImageAdaptorType::Pointer adaptor = ImageAdaptorType::New();

 where VectorImageType is defined as Image<vector<double,2>,2>
       And in VectorPixelAccessor
	typedef itk::Vector<double,2>   InternalType;
	typedef       double      ExternalType;

 Then I try to apply LaplacianFilter on the output of adaptor.

   typedef itk::Image<double,2> RealImageType;

   typedef itk::LaplacianImageFilter<
		ImageAdaptorType,
		RealImageType >    LaplacianFilter;
   LaplacianFilter::Pointer lapFilter = LaplacianFilter::New();

 The error I got is:

D:\Library\repository\itk\Insight\Code\Common\itkZeroFluxNeumannBoundaryCondition.txx(36)
: error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'class itk::Vector<double,2>' to 'double'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform
this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

   Does laplacianFilter require the input and output to be same type?

   Thanks in advance!

--
Best wishes,
Bing Jian