[Insight-users] Questions about Paramters of Curvature Flow Filter

Lydia Ng lng at insightful . com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:05:34 -0800

Neha,

The PDE update equation is actually:

dI/dt =3D kappa * magnitude( gradient(I))

Where kappa (your "K") is the curvature of contours in the level set =
(isocontours in the image)

The continuous equation is then discretized:
I[n+1]  =3D I[n] + delta * ( kappa[n] * magnitude( gradient(I[n]) )

Where I[n] is the image at n-th time step and delta is the user =
specified time-step.

Delta is the time step which the user specifies to control stability of =
the solution.

Kappa is curvature which is computed at each pixel from the current =
level set/ image (I[n]) and thus not set externally.

Does this help?

- Lydia