[Insight-users] Re: vtk installation : Use VTK 4.2

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:47:51 -0500

Hi Sharad,

Thanks for sending your CMakeCache.txt file.

Here is the problem:

    > VTK_SOURCE_DIR:STATIC=C:/vtk40Src-1/VTK

You are using VTK 4.0

Please use VTK 4.2

----

Also note that ITK itself does not depend on VTK for
any functionality. Only some of the example applications
available in InsightApplications require VTK. For those
applications you *must* use VTK 4.2 (at least).

The version to use for ITK is 1.4, this is the latest
release of the Insight Toolkit.

---

If you goal is to read a set of 2D images for building
a 3D image, you may want to look at the ImageSeriesReader

http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageSeriesReader . html

You instantiate this class using a 3D image,

for example:

   typedef itk::Image< char, 3 > ImageType;
   typedef itk::ImageSeriesReader< ImageType >  ReaderType;
   ReaderType::Pointer  reader  = ReaderType;
   std::vector< std::string > nameList;

   reader->SetFileNames(  nameList );
   reader->Update();

Note that you can fill up the nameList by yourself,
or use the helper classes DICOMSeriesFileNames or
NumericSeriesFileNames in order to generate the list
of filenames to be read.

Please let us know if you find any further problems.