[Insight-users] Re: Starting with ITK...

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:21:44 -0500

Hi Sharad,

1) For reading a set of 2D images and composing
    a 3D volume with them you don't need VTK.
    ITK will be enough for this.

2) If you want to visualize that resulting image,
    then VTK will be a helpful option.

3) Please start by reading the introductory sections
    of the ITK SoftwareGuide

        http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

    Read (at least) the following sections

    - Chapter 2. "Installation", pdf-page 39, paper-page 65
    - Section 4.1 "Image", pdf-page 61, paper-page 87
    - Chapter 7. "I/O", pdf-page 219, paper-page 245

4) You may also find useful to go through the material
    designed for the tutorials. You will find this in
    PDF format at

         http://www . itk . org/HTML/Tutorials . htm

Please let us know if you have any questions
after you read this material.