[Insight-users] RGB images from Visible Human Dataset

Stefan Lindenau stefan . lindenau at gmx . de
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:56 -0500

Hi Luis,

thank you for the good explanation.
I have tried the script you attached but it is not working for me. I
just made some adaptations regarding the filename and the slicesize
since I am not using cropped images from the female dataset.
But whenever I execute the script I get the following error:

reorganizing  c:\avf1262a.raw  into  vwavf12.raw
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\reorder VHD.py", line 27, in ?
    reorderRGB("c:\\avf1262a.raw")
  File "C:\reorder VHD.py", line 18, in reorderRGB
    rgbfile.write( gdata[i] )
IndexError: string index out of range

In the stackview I see that the variable i has the value 20.
I think the reason for this failure is that the rdata,gdata,bdata
strings are not filled as expected.

Iam using Python 2.3.2 with TK 8.4 on Windows.

That is the code I am using:
------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/python

import glob

def reorderRGB( filename ):
  slicesize = 2048 *1216
  file=open(filename)
  rdata=file.read( slicesize )
  gdata=file.read( slicesize )
  bdata=file.read( slicesize )
  file.close()
  outfilename="vw"+filename[3:8]+".raw"
  print "reorganizing ", filename, " into " , outfilename
  rgbfile=open( outfilename, 'w' )
  for i in range(0,slicesize-1):
    rgbfile.write( rdata[i] )
    rgbfile.write( gdata[i] )