[Insight-users] How to observe a FEM-based registration?

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:23:17 -0400

Hi Ralf,

The FEMRegistrationFilter is unfortunately not invoking
IterationEvents. That's the reason why a Command/Observer
connected to this filter will not get called.

Please do the following:

1) Edit the file

    Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkFEMRegistrationFilter.txx

2) go to line 1021 and add

         this->InvokeEvent( IterationEvent() );

    just after "  m_TotalIterations++; "

3) recompile your program.

With this, you will be able to connect an Observer for
the iteration event and have a chance to look at the
evolution of the registration at each iteration.

Please let us know if you find any problems,