[Insight-users] Can metrics handle nodata/void data values ?

Carolyn Johnston Carolyn . Johnston at vexcel . com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:49:45 -0700

I haven't found anything about this yet, either online or in the
software guide...

I have data that contains void (no data available) pixels. I am
wondering whether it is possible to identify their values to a metric,
and have it handle them appropriately. For example, if the mean squares
metric sees a nodata value in either the fixed or moving image, it might
just skip over that point. (I realize this would create normalization
problems for the metric, but this is just an example). Or nodata values
could be replaced by white noise in the metric calculation, if
normalized correlation were the metric in use.

Is anything like this already in place in Insight?

thanks,
Carolyn