[Insight-users] Can metrics handle nodata/void data values ?

Carolyn Johnston Carolyn . Johnston at vexcel . com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:45:32 -0700

Hi Luis,

I think that the itkSpatialObject solution would solve only half of the
problem. A mask object could be constructed using the void data points
of the fixed image, but the metric would also need to be aware of the
void points of the moving image, the location in space of which would be
changing all the time. Of course, it is the void points in the moving
image which cause problems with mean squares metric normalization
anyway, since as the moving image moves, the number of void points in
the fixed image region  (at least in the case of the mean squares metric
-- we could probably make it work for the normalized correlation metric).

So I will  keep thinking about this. I hope your busy week isn't too crazy.

:) Carolyn