[Insight-users] GUI question : Using wxWindows with ITK

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:35:08 -0400

Hi Jasmine,

Yes you can use ITK with wxWindows.

ITK is GUI independent, so you can use it with your favorite
GUI library.  It has been combined with FLTK, Qt, MFC and Tcl.

In order to communicate between ITK filters and the GUI you
can use the Command/Observer mechanism.

Examples on configuring WxWindows with CMake can be found
in the source code of CMake itself since this is used for creating
the interface on the Mac. Please take a look at
http://public . kitware . com/cgi-bin/cvsweb . cgi/CMake/Source/WXDialog/?cvsroot=CMake

You will start with the typical command

  INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindwxWindows.cmake)

in your CMakeLists.txt file.

--

For examples of GUI and ITK command observers, please take a
look at

     InsightApplications/QtITK
     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/QtImageViewer