[Insight-users] Computing eigenvectors and eigenvalues

Adolfo González Uzábal fito at unizar . es
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:08:38 +0200

Hello everybody!

I have to compute eigenvectors and eigenvalues of a matrix.

I'm searching for something like vtkMath::JacobiN routine, but I'm not able of
finding it.

I know about vnl_complex, vnl_generalized, vnl_symmetric and
vnl_sparse_symmetric_system routines, but I find those unappropriate for one
thing or the other (my matrix is not symmetric, nor sparse, nor complex, and so
on).

I'm thinking "vnl_real_eigensystem" fits my trouble but I'm not sure about the
results I'm getting.

Did anyone have any clue?

Sincerely yours.
Adolfo G.U.