[Insight-users] RegionGrowingSegmentation Display

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:40:18 -0400

Hi Zhiqiang,

Adding manual segmentation to the FltkImageViewer
may be a challenging enterprise. Note that this
code is not provided as an example of a robust
application.  InsightApplications is only a collection
of code illustrating how to integrate ITK with other
libraries for builting full applications.

If you plan  to create a robust application I would
suggest you to dedicate some time to designing components
rather that adapting the SliceView class.  As you
can see this class is particularly large.

An implementation of manual segmentation is 99% a GUI
issue and very few image processing.

If you simply want to get an application that support
manual segmentation, you can go directly and try SNAP
in InsightApplications.  This is still code in evolution,
but at least was designed from the begining for the purpose
of performing segmentation.

Hope that helps,

  Luis