[Insight-users] configurate vxl with non-native compiler

Feng Ma mafeng at hotmail . com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:20:43 -0400

Hi,

  I met this error when compiling ITK1.4 with non-native gcc compiler ( I
compiled gcc-3.3.1 and installed in /usr/local/bin).

/space2/Devel/InsightToolkit-1.4.0/Utilities/vxl/vnl/vnl_matlab_read.cxx: In
          member function `void vnl_matlab_readhdr::read_next()':

/space2/Devel/InsightToolkit-1.4.0/Utilities/vxl/vnl/vnl_matlab_read.cxx:111:
error: `::
          ios' undeclared (first use here)

/space2/Devel/InsightToolkit-1.4.0/Utilities/vxl/vnl/vnl_matlab_read.cxx:111:
error: parse
          error before `::' token

  When I did ccmake, I specified env CXX=/usr/local/bin/c++ and
CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc. The Makefile does picked up the right compiler.

  If I copied and pasted the command line to compile this file using the
system gcc-2.96, I don't have any error.

  So I am wondering the vxl library is not configurated well with non-native
compiler. Perhaps somewhere it still looking for the native compiler?

  Thanks a lot for helps!

-Feng

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
http://join . msn . com/?page=dept/byoa