[Insight-users] Active Shape Model

sdor5151@mail.usyd.edu.au sdor5151 at mail . usyd . edu . au
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:05:58 +1000

Dear itk users,

  I am writing an implementation of the Active Shape Model for my thesis and
would like to apply it to segmentation of the knee cartilage boundaries.

  I have built a statistical model of the cartilage from a training set of
manual segmentations using PCA. (without ITK - was there a way with ITK?) Now I
am wondering how ITK can help me in the search for the model within a new
example. Cootes describes a Multi-Resolution ASM search algorithm, which I would
like to adapt to ITK somehow. Should I be looking at Model Based Registration?
If so what will allow me to model the variation of the shape? Could someone
please give me a hint on the ITK structures I should use?

  Any help would be greatly appreciated,

  Kind Regards,

Steven

This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au