[Insight-users] So many Warnings

Mark Foskey mark_foskey at unc . edu
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:32:45 -0400

You can ignore them.   The particular warning you are seeing arises
with MSVC when you have very long symbol names, which occurs with
heavily templated things.  You can get rid of the warnings by adding

#pragma warning (disable : 4786) // "identifier was truncated" warning

at the beginning of the offending file.  If it still doesn't go away,
try putting the line in the actual header file.  We should have this
pragma in the ITK header files, and I think it eventually will get done.

Also, the warning probably won't show up if you do a Release build
since it involves debugging information.

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey at unc . edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC