[Insight-users] callback mechanism

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:38:46 -0400

Hi Soumen,

The callback mechanism used by the DICOMAppHelper is *not*
representative of the ITK architecture.

The official mechanism for passing messages in ITK and
VTK is the use of Commad/Observers and Events.

The DICOMAppHelper was assimilated from a pre-existing
software (that's why it is in the "Utilities" subdirectory)
and uses a more traditional callback approach.

You will find the definition/declaration of DICOM callbacks
in the file

     Insight/Utilities/DICOMParser/DICOMParser.h

It basically passes pointers to member methods in order to
be used as callbacks.

You don't really need to deal with the callbacks if you
use the DICOMSeriesFileNames in

                   Insight/Code/IO

Please look at the code for the ISIS application posted
in the previous message.
http://www . itk . org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-September/005090 . html