[Insight-users] 3D registration question

Michael Eichler michael.eichler at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:44:13 -0000

Hi!

I'm quite new to ITK (and medical image processing as well) so please turn a
blind eye on this question...

I would just like to perform registration on 3D volume data-sets. I tried out
the given examples, the "hello world" programs turned out fine so far, but I
have some troubles when it comes to more sophisticated methods like example
ImageRegistration6.cxx . I just passed the 3D BrainWeb data-sets as
parameters and immediately got an result, but I have no idea if these values
represent the correct registration for the entire volume set or something
else. The values are:

Matrix =
0.984877 0.173255
-0.173255 0.984877

Offset =
-14.9392  -0.0796591

Increasing the dimension value from 2 to 3 (like in the other examples) result
in a compiler error ("no matching function for call to
itk::ImageRegistrationMethod").

So, my (probably as short as dummy) question is, what registration method
should I use (or how to adapt an existing method) to perform registration on
(arbitrary) 3D volume data sets? I'm just interested in the translation and
rotation values.

Thank you,
Michael