[Insight-users] normalized histogram mutual information metric

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:07:38 -0400

Hi Christos,

When you change the Metric of the Registration Framework,
you should readjust the learning rate of the optimizer
since its effect is proportional to the magnitude of the
metric gradient.

Whenever you get the Exception of non-overlap from the
registration framework, you should suspect of being using
a learning rate that is *too large*, and you should also
suspect of the translation scaling of the transforms.